The PEI Military Family Resource Centre (PEI MFRC), a non-for-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors, believes that military families play a vital role in the success of CAF Members and Veterans.
To that end, the PEI MFRC is committed to ensuring that military and Veteran families residing in Prince Edward Island thrive and feel supported.
MFRCs are committed to enriching the lives of individuals and families in Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) communities through positive action, education, and support. MFRCs provide relevant programs and services that empower and encourage strong, independent individuals and families within the CAF.
MFRCs deliver programs with the funds received from Military Family Services (MFS).
To promote and facilitate community-based services that strengthen serving and former Canadian Armed Forces families and communities.
Confident, capable and resilient families in a supportive Canadian Armed Forces community.
- Teamwork – We strive to achieve a common goal through utilizing individual strengths in a collaborative effort
- Respect – We treat military families and all who work with and support them with dignity, compassion and respect.
- Integrity – We inspire trust by acting with integrity, being ethical, accountable and transparent.
- Commitment – We acknowledge the unique strengths, challenges and diversity of military families and are dedicated to meeting their needs.
- Inclusion – We embrace inclusion, diversity and community participation.
How the PEI Military Family Resource Centre can help
The programming being delivered by the PEI Military Family Resources Centres goes a long way to addressing the needs of military families. However, the PEI MFRC will not be satisfied with the status quo. Findings from the DND Ombudsman’s Family Study and Veterans Affairs Canada’s family research as well as consultation with PEI’s military families will be used to inform and develop new and innovative programming over the next five years.
The PEI Military Family Resource Centre recognizes the unique challenges of the military community on Prince Edward Island, which differ from their counterparts on larger regular force bases. The needs of the Island Military families are best met by those who know them the best . . . for families by families!
Read more about who we are and what programs and services we offer PEI military families here.