We are so excited to announce our “Let’s Start Talking”: Strengthening Family Relationships campaign!
Over the next few months, we’ll be rolling out all kinds of ways for you to participate in our “Let’s Start Talking” campaign. Our goal here is to gather feedback about topics families need to talk about and strategies for how to do so. All of this feedback will come together in a Symposium that we are planning for April.
So get ready to talk because we want to hear from you!
Today, we are launching our Let’s Start Talking contest, where you have the chance to win either a VIP Jack Frost Festival package or a Cavendish Beach Music Festival package.
How to Enter
We are asking military members, Veterans, and/or their immediate family to submit on one or more of the following topics:
- Conflict resolution in families
- How to deal with a financial crisis
- How to talk to teens about healthy relationships
- Technology safety in intimate partner relationships
- How to support someone who may be in an abusive relationship
- The impact of gender stereotypes
- Healthy anger and how to manage it
- How to foster healthy relationships.
We encourage creative expression here. Submissions can take the form of a STORY or POEM or SONG or PRESENTATION or DRAWING…use your imagination! All ages welcome to submit!
About the Prizes
We have two Grand Prizes to give away! Winning entries will have their choice of:
- VIP Jack Frost Festival Package (family of 4) plus weekend stay at Delta Hotel (4 available) –draw date Feb 11 OR
- Weekend pass to Cavendish Beach Music Festival for 2 (19+) plus 3-night stay at Rodd Charlottetown (2 available)–draw date at our upcoming Family Relationships/Gender-based Violence Symposium in April*
We also have $25 gift cards to a local department store that we will give to the first 200 entries (one per person, please).
The deadline to enter is February 8. You can enter by dropping off an entry in person or by emailing it in at firstname.lastname@example.org
* More information on the Symposium to come in the next few weeks!